Location: Preston Park - near the table tennis table between the clock tower and the Rotunda Cafe
Who can come: Anyone interested in cohousing
We're excited to invite you to our fist Sussex Cohousing social! We'll be running regular monthly socials (probably alternating monthly from weekday evening to weekend to be as accessible as possible) and this first one will get us started. It is a chance to come together, share time and food, meet and talk and play and discuss cohousing too!
We're hoping for nice weather so we can meet outside in the "green space" that is so important for so many of us interested in cohousing. We'll have an (albeit quite small) gazebo to offer some sun/rain shelter, but if it gets really inhospitable we can always make a dash for one of the 2 cafe's in the park as a back up plan.
In addition to the gazebo, we're also going to sort some fun outdoor games/sports equipment to play too, to keep the kids amongst us (young and not-so young!) entertained.
BUT, in the spirit of cohousing, what will really make this community event glorious will be the shared effort! When you come please bring what you can of the following:
- some food stuffs and/or drinks to share
- some plates/bowls/cups/glasses/cutlery/serviing utensils (to cover the number in your party coming and the odd extra for good luck)
- a blanket/pillows if you'd like to lounge around
- any games/sports equipment you fancy
- a willingness and committment to say "hello" and get involved (this will be a social/unstructured gathering)
(And if you have a gazebo that you'd be able to bring/lend to the event please do let us know)
Great! Well! We look forward to seeing you there : )